Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Burgers

I have to hand it to Rachael Ray. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but these burgers are freakin' AMAZING!!! (She makes them as sliders, but I made regular-sized burgers because sliders give me the creeps. Don't ask why!?!?) They are really easy to make and don't even require the regular addition of ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. These are going to become a staple on my summer dinner menu. I just fired up the grill for the first time since last summer/fall. I love cooking on the grill and was so excited to make these. They definitely did not disappoint! 


Jalapeno Popper Burgers (altered from Rachael Ray recipe)


Ingredients:


2 large, fresh jalapeno peppers
Olive oil, for drizzling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp grated onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
1 block sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
1 package pita bread


Directions:


1. Preheat grill on medium heat while preparing ingredients. 
2. Add grated onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin to softened cream cheese and stir to blend. Set aside.
3. Form ground beef into patties; whatever size you like. I made 5 average size burgers. Place on grill over medium heat and close lid.
4. Core and seed jalapeno peppers using the handle of a spoon or fillet knife. Slice into rings. Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat and cook peppers until slightly blackened and tender.
5. Once burgers appear to be cooked half-way through, flip them over. Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the middle and top with a slice or two of the sharp cheddar cheese. Close grill lid and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes until burgers are done and cheese is melted.
6. Once burgers are off the grill, top with cooked jalapenos. I put the burgers on whole wheat pita bread (cut to size with a biscuit cutter) instead of hamburger rolls. I liked this so much more, but rolls would be fine, too!


Hope you like these burgers as much as I do! Oh, and what do you guys think of my new apron? :)
People driving by my house probably crack up when they see me outside grilling in a pink apron! Haha! Oh, and just to clarify, I don't only cook for shoes. I also cook for handbags, makeup, and jewelry! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment