Welcome to The Pink Kitchen.....where life is fashionably delicious!!!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Pup

Usually when I am cooking or baking in "The Pink Kitchen", my little buddy, Chester, is right beside me begging for little morsels of whatever he can get. I guess it's because he likes peanut butter so much, but for some reason he was begging more than usual when I was baking these peanut butter cookies. I've made him homemade dog treats before, so maybe he was confused! I was throwing him little pieces of dough and he just could not get enough! Then, every time we opened the container of cookies, he'd come running. What a piggy! I think it's safe to say that this might be Chester's favorite Pink Kitchen recipe yet!




Peanut Butter Cookies (recipe courtesy Brown Eyed Baker)

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
Granulated sugar, for rolling

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat if using aluminum cookie sheets. (I used my trusty stoneware!)
2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add the egg and beat just until blended. Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients until combined.
4. Put granulated sugar in a small bowl. Scoop a tablespoon amount of dough and roll into a ball with your hands. Roll dough in sugar and place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, make a crisscross pattern on the cookie, flattening them slightly.
5. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Store in airtight container for up to one week or freeze in freezer bags up to 3 months. Just thaw and eat!


My little peanut butter piggy!

1 comment:

  1. That look delicious!!! I will try it out too!! Thanks!!! And your dog is adorable!!!!!!!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!! If you have a chance please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete